“Wonder Woman 1984,” the second movie installment starring Gal Gadot in the title role, debuted last week in theaters and on HBO Max. Although eagerly awaited by fans, many are reporting their disappointment and frustration.
What are some of their complaints about “Wonder Woman 1984”?
- Adaptation is very unfaithful to the source material, George Orwell’s classic novel
- Not a single song from Van Halen’s album on the soundtrack
- Fans dislike Wonder Woman’s new catchphrases, “whoopsy-doodle” and “whatchu talkin’ about, Steve Trevor?”
- Gene Hackman’s role as the villain in the first movie has been reduced to a tiny cameo
- Celebrities popping out of windows as Wonder Woman scales the side of a building include Bill Cosby, O.J. Simpson and Bernie Goetz
- Scenes where Wonder Woman can fly, run faster than Mach 1 and turn her plane invisible are believable, but losing a fight to the Target Lady seems unlikely
- Blooper reel at end featuring Burt Reynolds and Dom DeLuise feels forced
- Where were Debra Winger and Lyle Waggoner?
- Product placement for Reebok Pumps, Trapper Keepers and Cabbage Patch Kids is tiresome
- Far-fetched subplot about how a failing, amoral, lying businessman with a stupid name is able to gain control of the United States just because he had a successful TV show